Duplicated debit in my card statement

Ibk13
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I made a payment via my card to an institution using PayPal. I got the first debit and PayPal acknowledged the receipt of the amount. Unfortunately I got another debit alert of the same amount. Is there a way a quick check can be done to confirm this duplicated transaction because it is time bound. And how will the refund go? Thank you

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

S_Ameen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ibk13 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I understand your concern regarding the duplicate payment. Once the transaction has been processed it cannot be canceled. I suggest you check the transaction details in your PayPal account under the Recent Activity. If the transaction has been completed then you need to contact the merchant to get the refund and if the merchant does not respond then you can file a dispute for the duplicate transaction from the Resolution Center. 

Ameen

Login to Me Too

Ibk13
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Ameen, what I’m saying is I was debited twice for this transaction. PayPal should help confirm if they have both payments so I can either get a refund for the extra one or send it to the supplier for another items. That’s all I’m asking PayPal to do
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Ibk13,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been charged twice for a purchase. I understand how concerning this would be. Are either of the charges pending? If so, this could be a pending authorization. Merchants will sometimes request an authorization be completed before the purchase is completed. Pending authorizations will generally fall off within 72 hours. 

If both charges are completed and you can see both of them within your PayPal account, I suggest opening a dispute on the duplicate transaction. You can view steps on how to complete this by visiting the Help Center article here.

If you didn't log in to your PayPal account to make the purchase but are seeing two completed charges on your card, you can visit the Help Center to view steps on how to dispute a transaction on a guest account.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.