cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does paypal refund transaction fees if I have to refund the customer?

Options
Go to solution
Nebbiestarr
Contributor
Posted on
If I have to cancel an order for an Item a customer purchased from my bonanza booth and refund the customer, will PayPal refund the transaction fee that they charged?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Options
Go to solution
sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor

@Nebbiestarr 

No. Original fees paid are not refunded however it’s free to issue a refund.

It also depends on how PayPal is integrated at various marketplaces. It appears Bonanza is not one of those marketplaces that use PayPal’s eCommerce platform services exclusively where it generates a “Partner fee” in the PayPal transaction details because Bonanza’s final value fee refund has to be requested independently:

https://support.bonanza.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000777331-How-to-Handle-Returns-at-Bonanza

Bonanza has to update that refund directions link for PayPal though. Leads to an error message.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Options
Go to solution
sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor

@Nebbiestarr 

No. Original fees paid are not refunded however it’s free to issue a refund.

It also depends on how PayPal is integrated at various marketplaces. It appears Bonanza is not one of those marketplaces that use PayPal’s eCommerce platform services exclusively where it generates a “Partner fee” in the PayPal transaction details because Bonanza’s final value fee refund has to be requested independently:

https://support.bonanza.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000777331-How-to-Handle-Returns-at-Bonanza

Bonanza has to update that refund directions link for PayPal though. Leads to an error message.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Options
Go to solution
Nebbiestarr
Contributor
Got it. Thanks for tour time 🙂

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.