Does PayPal charge processing fee?

heiz
New Community Member

I recently made payment using my credit card and I noticed that I was charged a total of 18 USD. I have 18 total transactions of unknown charge amounting to 1.00 USD/each transaction.

Does Paypal charge a processing fee for using credit cards? And is it really that big amount of fee?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @heiz,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I understand your concern about the 1.00 USD charge. If you recently updated or edited your card information or added a new card to your PayPal account to make a payment, a temporary charge of up to $1.00 USD may appear in your transaction history to verify that your card is open and in good standing. The charge will appear as ‘pending’ and is automatically removed after we have verified your card. If the charge remains on your card after 30 days, contact your card issuer. 

Best wishes,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.