Do something about the Paypal app notifications

someuseragain
New Community Member

I've been using Paypal for over 10 years now I think. And right now I'm seriously considering giving up on it, despite the fact that I use it for a large part of my payments and it would be a very difficult transition on many levels switching to something else.

Do something about the constant, absolutely constant, insanity inducing notifications to install the Paypal app. It's getting to the point of kafkaesque absurdity. Every single time I withdraw money, I need to get past the full screen install the app notice, almost every time I log in same thing, sometimes it happens even as I'm just randomly in the account already. I've looked for a setting to disable it, couldn't find one. I've said no, no thanks, later ... eventually after a year of pulling my hair in frustration, your chinese water torture finally worked and I figured fine, I'll install it. I installed the app, from the QR code, activated it with the phone number, full everything. The notifications are still there, same behavior, always appearing, between every screen when I withdraw, and so on. 

In case it's not clear - I am unbelievably frustrated by this, after over a year of it. I realize this isn't gonna solve my problem as I don't imagine anyone from Paypal is reading this but it's honestly just to vent my frustration somehow. Also - perhaps I'm missing something, some kind of setting somewhere to disable it that I just didn't see and the community can enlighten me.

EDIT: How does a company like Paypal not think to add an entry in the database that is toggled on or off once you install the app so the notification is no longer shown ? Then again, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if I start seeing the notification to install the app in the app itself. That would at least be funny, albeit still frustrating ... but at least funny.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.