Do I need to pay any fee in case of refund as a seller?

karan_45
Contributor
Contributor

If a buyer files a case against me and demands a refund, will I have to pay any fee in such a case if i refund as a seller?

The amount is on hold and this case happened within 10 hours of the payment being received.

Here is the screenshot:-

paypal ss.PNG

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karan_45 

Well, it is free (no fee) to refund any amount but the original fees paid will not be refunded so you would have to make up the $9.70 difference in fees if refunding the whole $180.00

If you refunded just $170.30, that would be the amount buyer receives.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

karan_45
Contributor
Contributor
I have no control over the refunded amount, it shows the total transaction amount Like this Total refund - 180$
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @karan_45 and welcome back, 

When you are refunding a payment via a case you will only have the option to refund the full amount, including the fees. You can go through your transaction history and refund that way but if you refund the amount without the fee the case will remain open and you may be requested to refund the rest at a later date. If you are willing to refund then I would recommend to refund the full amount as it will resolve the case and close it for you. 

Thanks,

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.