Direct deposit updated routing number

Alexwhite3
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal updated routing number a week after i filed my taxes with the old one it says that they automatically updated existing direct deposts will that include the irs or not

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Andy

Hi @Alexwhite3

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your questions - apologies for the delay in responding. You won't need to do anything for the Direct Deposits you're already receiving with your existing routing number. We would have automatically updated it for you on our end, and notified your payer's bank on your behalf. And we'll continue to monitor any deposits to make sure they're available in your PayPal balance. So you should be good to go! 🙂

Thanks!

- Andy 

Login to Me Too

This is not the case. After this latest routing number change, I did not receive my direct deposit funds. 

PayPal does NOT "reach out to banks and update the routing number."

Change the routing numbers on your own or you're going to be out of luck. From what I've seen there have been at least 2 routing number changes in 2022. Keep a lookout for all of the other routing # changes and DO NOT rely on PayPal to do the right thing.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to receive my direct deposit from my employer, if ever. And of course, I am cancelling my PayPal direct deposit and entire account. 

Login to Me Too

Tipsy4life
New Community Member
Confused. Received message that PayPal is changing the direct deposit routing number. Fine, BUT.....I have just initiated upcoming direct deposits to my PayPal account, the third party has been given the routing number and my account number already. Do I need to somehow obtain the NEW direct deposit routing number and provide it to the depositing agent OR will the direct deposits process without any further efforts on my part?
Login to Me Too

Dsellers1996
Did you get yours they changed mine too and pay roll had done been sent I usually get mine today but nothing
Login to Me Too

Temp20230203B
New Community Member
Hey I’m now having this same issue and wondering what happened with yours? Did you receive your refund?
Login to Me Too

Sissue95
Contributor
Contributor
Did you end up getting ur taxes?
Login to Me Too

Adamsgrl15
Contributor
Contributor
Did u ever receive your tax return after routing number changed
Login to Me Too

Nicbrabro
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone received there taxes after they’ve changed the routing number ? They said they contacted the irs on our behave but trusting the irs is debatable ! So will we have a delay or paper check ? Has anyone found any information ?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Nicbrabro

Welcome! Thank you for joining the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear there's some confusion on this topic, and I can certainly understand your hesitation here. I'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction. As far as I can tell, even with all the updates we've received so far this tax season, there shouldn't be any significant delay in receiving your refund after you've submitted your taxes. However, here are a few resources I think may be able to clear a few things up: 

I received an email stating that PayPal is changing/has changed its Direct Deposit routing number. W...
How do I receive my tax refund with PayPal?

If that doesn't help, please feel free to reach out to our Support Teams for assistance. 

Good luck with this and future transfers, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

brocklin88

My tax refund was already filed before I even knew about the updated change to the routing number. So I did use the old routing number and YES I received my refund on the scheduled date. You dont have to do anything. I was getting a bit worried thinking I had to contact the IRS which is difficult anyways and worried because I usually receive funds a few days before the scheduled date. I hope this helps and puts everyone at ease 😃

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.