Direct deposit updated routing number

Alexwhite3
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal updated routing number a week after i filed my taxes with the old one it says that they automatically updated existing direct deposts will that include the irs or not

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Kennick12
Contributor
Contributor
Since PayPal decided to change my routing number will that delay my tax refund since it's already been accepted
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

Hello @Kennick12,

Thanks for coming to the Community with your concerns!

If you have already set up Direct Deposit using PayPal, the notification could be relating to an update with that program. If this routing number differs from the original number you set up your Direct Deposit for, you'll simply need to contact the IRS to update the routing number with them. If this change impacted your PayPal account, typically an email notification would have been sent out as well. In situations where your Direct Deposit is in question, it would be wise to contact PayPal Customer Support directly. This can be done by clicking on "Contact" at the bottom of the PayPal website. Next, you'll scroll down to review your available support options. 

I'm sorry if this update alarmed you and caused an inconvenience! If everything is updated, the funds should successfully be added to your account when received and completed. 

Thank you 

- Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kennick12 and @PayPal_Schae,

I have some great news! This FAQ has some information regarding the change to the Direct Deposit Routing Number. If you set it up with the old information prior to the change, all of the updates are taken care of (including notifying the payer's bank), and you don't have to do anything. Apologies for any confusion!

I hope this brings you peace of mind.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

This was not my case. I did not receive direct deposit funds after this latest routing number change, and apparently there is no way to get that $ back. Apparently, PayPal does not "reach out" to banks to change direct deposit routing numbers.

Since the fault is on Paypal and not my employer, that money is gone. My employer did not receive the check back, so there is nothing that can be done. 

I changed my direct deposit with my employer to another institution immediately so that this won't happen in the future, but I'm still out 2 weeks' pay.

I feel robbed. 

Login to Me Too

Adamsgrl15
Contributor
Contributor
Did u ever get ur refund
Login to Me Too

Joye27
Contributor
Contributor
So This Morning I got a notification directly from the paypal app (No email notif.) Saying that my routing number had been changed. I went and logged in to check and I see a routing and account number I'm not familiar with. So I call Paypal and the guy says he sees no change on his end of my account and then confirms my actual routing number and advises me to call my bank(PNC). Called my bank and theres been no change to my routing number and when I gave her the routing number I'm seeing through my paypal app and she said its not a PNC routing number and when she googled the number it says it belongs to a OceanFirst or Bancorp Bank. Very confused and wondering if I should close my paypal account
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Marina

Hi @Joye27,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I apologize for the confusion this notification caused. If you're enrolled in Direct Deposit or have the PayPal Cash Card, PayPal recently sent out a notification about a change to the routing account number that will be used. This change will allow our customers to have Direct Deposit 2-Day Early Access.

I hope you find this information useful!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

CharlesDobson75
New Community Member

Just found out that my routing number has changed. I do not know if my student loans will be posted there or not. What happens next if they can't deposit my money they send me a check?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi @CharlesDobson75

Welcome! This is a great question. I would recommend first reaching out to your student loan provider to see what course of action they would take. If the funds bounce back to the provider, they may be able to update their records with the new routing number or if possible mail you a check. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.