Direct debit Paypal? JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD??

jennij
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone.

I looked at my standing DD Payments randomly at my online banking & i saw this 

"JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD  Direct Debit  £22.50 Scheduled"

I roughly know something on my paypal that could POSSIBLY relate to a payment, but NOT continuous payment.

Could someone possibly help me with this? Im slightly worried.

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Gee_Emm
Contributor
Contributor

For those who are worried about this being fraud or PayPal debiting money out of your account, the direct debit that has been set-up on your bank account is not anything to worry about, they're simply; A) taking money from your account via direct debit (e.g. When you use PayPal to buy item) B) it's getting put into a PayPal account (middle man so to speak, then finally) C) getting used to pay for those items you have bought (e.g. Buying item from Amazon, etc.) - you do not have to worry about the Direct Debit that has been set-up in your bank account, it's to allow Paypal to pay for your items/ gifts. Hope this puts everyone's mind at ease. 🙂

Login to Me Too

benclayman04
New Community Member

Had a look into this myself today. Its NOT a scam unless someone has your Paypal details. I noticed a monthly charge of 9.99 coming out from  the name JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD. Logged into PP and figured out that this was where I had used my paypal details to take a regular payment for Deezer Music, so its all above board. If people are seeing this but you dont use PP a lot, maybe you setup up payment for something like Spotify or Deezer subcriptions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.