Digital Rebates

osc17mic
New Community Member

I recently made a purchase for alcohol from safeway using my Just For You account.  There was a digital rebate available for this purchase and my receipt said I redeemed it and it would be added to my paypal account.  However, I am not seeing this rebate anywhere!  Does this take some time to hit account?

Login to Me Too
60 REPLIES 60

malikang
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I am not allowed to post the email address in this forum (blocks me) so going to try and get it to you in a cryptic way Smiley Wink  I wrote to <removed>

Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

beowoulf2000
Contributor
Contributor
Again, no. I am sure most were in compliance with the “email rule.” I know I was. The issue is not that it worked for some. The issue is that it failed and continues to fail for thousands of others. The issue is compounded by the apparent inability or unwillingness for Albertsons/Safeway/Vons to rectify a known and long term problem.
Login to Me Too

bobagent21
Contributor
Contributor

I have used the promotion three times now in the last month. I have a Safeway justforu account and a PayPal account(both required if you want the rebate. I bought 6 twelve packs of beer(Stella/Bud Light/Michelob Ultra and many others). Safeway has special right now that if you buy two twelve packs its $9.99 per twelve pack, Great Deal! And then the next couple of days you get an e-mail from Coupon.com letting you know to accept your rebate and almost instantly it appears in your PayPal account. So I paid $59.94 for 6 twelve packs+CRV of $3.6=$63.54 then you get $36 dollars back which equals $27.54 for 6 twelve packs! That's $4.59 per twelve pack!!!! Wow! Awesome Deal! I have had no problems.

Login to Me Too

delmargal
New Community Member

The email for the rebate came from Coupons.com, not Vons or Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

mebe2

Safeway will do anything to scam somebody.  I know I worked there for years!

Login to Me Too

kfrgn
Contributor
Contributor

The rebates are done through Coupons.com.  I have gone to the Coupons.com website, found their "contact us" form and explained the situation.  They do not have a phone number and it is sometimes several days before they respond.  The initial response asks for my Vons account number, date and time of purchase, and my email.  I am still fighting to get a rebate from over a month ago.  First they said that the rebate had expired prior to my purchase.  I sent them a screenshot of the rebate offer that was on my app.  It clearly stated that the rebate was valid for 5 more days.  I also included a pic of my receipt for them.  They have not responded to that yet.  I also call the Vons customer service and they say that they have escalated the issue, but I haven't gotten any response from them.  I just called today and the girl said she will put in to have the $12 put on my Vons account so when I shop there it will come off my order like a coupon.  There are definitely some software code issues that they are not always going through.  I have done several alcohal rebates and 3 times now they have not processed as they should.  

Login to Me Too

shellab
The email you use on your Vons/Safeway/Albertsons app needs to match the email you use on PayPal. You get an email from coupons.com after you purchase an item to collect your rebate. You just click a link in the email. Super easy.
Login to Me Too

bobagent21
Contributor
Contributor

I've done it 8 times now, and never had a problem getting the rebate in a couple of days. Not sure what others are doing wrong, maybe their e-mail on paypal is different than their justforu account on safeway.

Login to Me Too

SD420
Contributor
Contributor
Well. I have several emails added to my PayPal account that should automatically receive any sort of rebate or money sent according to PayPal anyway. I’m thinking not. So yeah, my Vons email is different from my PRIMARY PayPal email and that’s because the email I use for PayPal is already in use on the Vons app so I’m thinking someone else got my forking rebate. But why didn’t it attach to my Vons email which I have as a secondary email on PayPal? Yeah I feel cheated and salty about it.
Login to Me Too

iaraj
New Community Member

This is absolute bs. How convenient of them to have "IT issues" with multiple accounts. It worked once for me, then never again. I will NEVER use this type of promo again, and I definitely will be shopping less at Safeway because of this deceitful crap. Everything is linked properly, there should be no excuse. It's been so long I dont even remember what I bought or how much I should be refunded. I should have written it down..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.