Didn't get a refund for pending payment

Thomas370
New Community Member

On 22 February 2023 I had a purchase where I wanted to pay with PayPal. After confirming the transaction on my bank's application the PayPal threw an error message. After that a notification appeared on my personal dashboard saying: "Pending FtXXXX HUF Payment On 22 February 2023, you authorized a payment of Ft #XXXX HUF on your card(number). If the payment is voided for any reason, the pending amount won't be charged. It may take a few days for this to show on your card statement". By the time I'm writing this, the notification disappeared, also it doesn't show up in my activity feed, neither I got any refunds. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pkkh
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Thomas370 

Thank you for making a post here. 

I see you're concerned about a refund on a pending transaction. As per the details you've mentioned I believe it is an authorization payment. An order or authorization is an agreement between you and the merchant to purchase an item for a set amount, and PayPal doesn't have the ability to cancel that agreement. 

You will have to contact the merchant directly and try to get it cancelled. Orders and authorizations typically expire in 30 days. 

Thank you

Punith   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.