Did a transaction start?

PurpleXero
Contributor
Contributor

on Friday I tried loaning my friend a lot of money, I went through the whole process of selecting how much and it should've been an instant transaction as far as I'm aware. I went through everything but a transaction was never started? I have no indication that they are even intending on taking the money out of my bank account, but when I try resending the money it says I have to use a different card, presumably because they are intending on taking the money out of my account and thus I have insufficient funds to make the payment again? I'm not sure, everywhere says I should have a "pending" status under the transaction if that is what the situation is, but I have no transaction notification or indicator or anything, it doesn't show up on my history of transactions. There is a chance that I didn't complete the transaction process correctly and I was given the "use different card" thing the first time and I didn't notice, but I want to be sure that my money isn't just pending before I try spending it anywhere else. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PurpleXero
Contributor
Contributor

Also I heard Friday that PayPal was having some sort of issues and was down or something at some point and I'm wondering if this has anything to do with that. I'm trying to wait for any sort of update but the fact I have no indication of the transaction starting has me confused.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.