Delays in paypal bill pay transactions, who can help?

dcatast
Contributor
Contributor

Payments I've made using bill pay have been sent to my billers (American express, utility bills, insurance) in 1-2 days. These show as ACH transactions when received by my billers.

However, in the past month, on more than one occasion paypal delayed paying my bills.

payments made on Nov 28th 2022 (17 days to send)

payments made on Nov 29th 2022 (7 days to send)

payments made on Nov 30th 2022 (6 days to send)

this has now occurred again. a payment sent Dec 14th has not been sent - i know this because a separate payment sent on Dec 15th has already arrived at my biller.

This service is unreliable.

But worse is that paypal reps are unable to provide ACH trace numbers and insist that since paypal took the money from my bank that the transaction was completed. They advise to contact who runs the paypal account at american express. These are not paypal to paypal transactions. Paypal relays the money to the bill pay target via ACH, not to their paypal account.

Has anyone had success in getting help with a transaction like this?

Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

foxcomm
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding disappearing payments, we have continued to see this when scheduling future Bill Pay payments. On the payment date the payment simply disappears and does not show in previous transactions either. This forces us to login on the specific day they were scheduled to be automatically sent and send them manually. This has happened dozens of times and as usual PayPal support says this is user error.

Worst support we have ever seen for a financial institution!

Login to Me Too

UghMike
Contributor
Contributor
Have payments made to prudential life insurance that aren’t showing up. 10/13 $10 test payment showed up next day 12/20 large payment hasn’t shown up 1/9 second large payment hasn’t show up 1/23 send another $11 test payment to see if it works. Not sure if this is size of payment related or not. But I’m not having the same date issue’s everyone else is with Amex/chase. Mine are other dates. I used the web form to contact paymentus today. Hopefully I hear back. Currently out thousands of dollars. Had to pay my insurance via ACH bc this just isn’t working.
Login to Me Too

tiantcheng
Contributor
Contributor

Yea, i think the amount matters. My $380 Payment to PGE on 1/17/2023 still wasn't received by PGE but my $110.12 payment was received by PGE.

Login to Me Too

tiantcheng
Contributor
Contributor

Have you heard any update on this? Maybe we should all fill complain in order to have this resolved. 

Login to Me Too

Gw224
Contributor
Contributor
Just now found this thread. My payments on January 23 I have not been paid. I wish I found about the PayPal issues before using this service. Who can I contact to resolve this? And my reference the transaction number on the email sent from PayPal? Thanks
Login to Me Too

codeNovels

I have a delay or missing payments to:

Dovenmuehle Mortgage, NBKC Bank

My transactions are:

Jan 26, 2023 $1,038.78

Jan 25, 2023 $2,000.00

Jan 24, 2023 $200.00

I opened a case with PayPal and they said nothing they can do on their end since the payments were successful and they closed the case.
I filled a form on PaymentUs but have not heard anything from them in over a week.

Login to Me Too

zenode
Contributor
Contributor
@codeNovels you can call PaymentUS and their customer service team are pretty good. Would also recommend calling Dovenmuehle and asking for the email for the research team and for them to look for the payment from their end. Your bank probably has a similar process, so suggest you ask them to look for the payment too. Sad to hear this is still happening. When my payment finally posted on the 17th from a 1/4 send date, the PaymentUS rep had told me they had resolved the issue, but clearly not. 🤷‍♂️
Login to Me Too

balithaifood
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening again on September 2nd. The payment I made on Sept 1st morning, Sept 3rd, Sept 4th all arrived. But the payment I made on the night of Sept 1st and Sept 2nd all did not arrive. There is clear some issue with the payment made on Sept 2nd. It is not with one bank, but multiple bank including AMEX and Chase.

Login to Me Too

Dtwwzt
Contributor
Contributor
I am missing a payment made on 9/1 in the evening as well. Other payments made on 8/31 and 9/5 have already gone through. Can anyone assist?
Login to Me Too

balithaifood
Contributor
Contributor

It seems we are on the same boat. Called Paypal, and apparently no one at Paypal understand what I am talking about. I called paymentus and chatted with multiple customer representatives as well. Nobody understand what I am talking about either. Hopeless now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.