Delays in paypal bill pay transactions, who can help?

dcatast
Contributor
Contributor

Payments I've made using bill pay have been sent to my billers (American express, utility bills, insurance) in 1-2 days. These show as ACH transactions when received by my billers.

However, in the past month, on more than one occasion paypal delayed paying my bills.

payments made on Nov 28th 2022 (17 days to send)

payments made on Nov 29th 2022 (7 days to send)

payments made on Nov 30th 2022 (6 days to send)

this has now occurred again. a payment sent Dec 14th has not been sent - i know this because a separate payment sent on Dec 15th has already arrived at my biller.

This service is unreliable.

But worse is that paypal reps are unable to provide ACH trace numbers and insist that since paypal took the money from my bank that the transaction was completed. They advise to contact who runs the paypal account at american express. These are not paypal to paypal transactions. Paypal relays the money to the bill pay target via ACH, not to their paypal account.

Has anyone had success in getting help with a transaction like this?

Login to Me Too
173 REPLIES 173

ebitda
Contributor
Contributor
+1 12/27 PayPal bill pay to US Bank/Elan is missing.
Login to Me Too

danielting28
Contributor
Contributor

Have 3 payments still pending on 12/27.

1 payment pending on 1/4

1 payment pending on 1/5

1 payment pending on 1/6

I hear it may take up to 2 weeks. Fingers crossed

Login to Me Too

knicks20
Contributor
Contributor

This is absolutely ridiculous, I have sent payments to capital one, chase, and target on Dec 26th and none of those payments have posted yet. I am getting late fees on all three of those because of this paypal billpay issue. Anyone else still having this problem?? Can someone help?? Chat has been completely useless saying the payments have been sent and wait another business day for them to post, this was 1 week ago and nothing has posted. What can I do? Is there a way to reverse those payments so I can just pay directly through the specific credit card websites?

Login to Me Too

dcatast
Contributor
Contributor

@knicks20 - sorry for your troubles. pound sand. - love paypal support

in all seriousness - 12/26 was not a day that has these delays - i'm guessing you sent after 8:10 pm EST - which would have been a 12/27 send for paypal (weird cutoff time i know).

I'm not sure what to do myself. I talked to someone who said if you have sent less than your states small claims amount you can sue paypal for the amount. Odds are that will either get their attention and someone will actually look at the problem or you will win very easily seeing that no one in paypal is capable of producing the required evidence (an ACH trace number) required to prove they have sent the payment (which they didn't send).

good luck, welcome to the paypal took our money club! population growing every day.

Login to Me Too

dl73
Contributor
Contributor

Found this thread and wanted to report I'm also missing a payment sent 12/27 to a biller account I've paid before just fine. 

Login to Me Too

Bockrocker
New Community Member
Another user reporting in. 12/27 payment to Chase credit card missing. Previous billpay with same source and destination accounts credited in 1 business day. No proper options to open a ticket for missing billpay in the app. Spent 1.5h in chat to get a phone call from support saying they would look into it and get back to me in 24h.
Login to Me Too

frugalor
Contributor
Contributor

12/26 is Christmas holiday in US.  So transactions made on that day would be considered as 12/27.  The missing payment may be related to Holiday black hole in PayPal's system.

Login to Me Too

frugalor
Contributor
Contributor

"paypal 12/27 missing payment" top google search result is this thread:

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 1.14.53 PM.png

Login to Me Too

knicks20
Contributor
Contributor

wow actually you might be right. I made the payment around 830pm on the 26th so I guess it does go under the 27th. currently on chat with paypal and again they are reassuring me they sent the payment and the credit card companies indeed received it.... such BS. 

Login to Me Too

knicks20
Contributor
Contributor

So, I just got off a very long phone call with a PayPal supervisor. I essentially mentioned that there are many others with this same issue of payments made on the 27th of Dec have not been credited to the intended financial institutions. They have opened up a ticket with their backend services to further investigate and the supervisor also told me to share my reference number so that whoever else is affected can bring that up with PayPal so that they can see the who else was affected. My reference number is CSTS0026560, so please maybe if we can all just reach out to them and open a ticket, by referencing my ticked reference number then maybe they finally will take a deeper look into this. is there any way we can pin this or have a PayPal employee included in this chat? @PayPal_Olivia @PayPal_Frank @PayPal_Adrian I don't know who these people are, but they have the PayPal logo attached to their usernames. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.