Customer invoices not making card payment option available

SSAT1
Contributor
Contributor

My customers who want to pay be credit card are offered a paypal invoice to allow them to do this, it works most of the time.  A few of my customers receiving invoices are being asked to set up a paypal account and are NOT offered card payment option. 

I see this when I send my personal account test invoices:

paypal invoice webpage 2.jpg

Some customers see a page with "sign in" or "create account" options only:

unnamed 2.jpg

How can I ensure they get the "pay by debit or credit card" option?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @SSAT1 and @Vetty1,

Welcome to our community forum and thanks for posting here! Thanks @sharpiemarker!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. As PayPal is country specific, PayPal may limit the actions if the buyers are trying to make a payment or change account information from any unsecure locations. If the buyer moved to a different country, they need to close their PayPal account and open a new account in the country they are living now to start making the payments.

Sometimes due to technical glitches on the website, you may face issues while making payments using PayPal account. In such cases, clearing cache and cookies or try using a different browser or device laptop or desktop would work.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SSAT1 

Tell them to clear browser cache and specifically the PayPal cookies and try again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SSAT1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.   It seems PayPal was (correctly) picking up on the customer having a PayPal account under the email address they gave me but the customer was not able to make payments from that Paypal account after moving to a different country and no longer having a card connected to the Paypal account. 

They have now supplied a different email address to send the invoice to

Lovely way to spend an hour on a Sunday

Login to Me Too

Vetty1
New Community Member

That’s really interesting. I’ve had a similar issue with a customer not being able to make payment for an invoice with his credit card. He said he doesn’t have a PayPal account (hence using the card), but now I’m wondering if maybe he does have an account but has forgotten? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @SSAT1 and @Vetty1,

Welcome to our community forum and thanks for posting here! Thanks @sharpiemarker!

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. As PayPal is country specific, PayPal may limit the actions if the buyers are trying to make a payment or change account information from any unsecure locations. If the buyer moved to a different country, they need to close their PayPal account and open a new account in the country they are living now to start making the payments.

Sometimes due to technical glitches on the website, you may face issues while making payments using PayPal account. In such cases, clearing cache and cookies or try using a different browser or device laptop or desktop would work.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

SSAT1
Contributor
Contributor

The customer has told me that after moving to Israel Paypal requires them to create a new account in Israel but at the same time it is not forgetting that there is already a US account associated with their email address.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.