Customer full refund querry

GVLFHROB
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, if the customer cancels their purchase and we give them a refund does the fees incurred get refunded to us the seller? ie: If the customer pays $350 to us minus the $9.40 PayPal fees leaves $340.60 in our PayPal account. I know they get the full amount back but in the passed we have had $350 deducted from our bank account even though the initial $340.60 was still in the PayPal account meaning we are out of pocket $9.40. 
Thanks in advance. Rob

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GVLFHROB 

Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GVLFHROB 

Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GVLFHROB
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You, I figured as much but just wanted to check to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.