Currency conversion during transfer

mang0sago
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to transfer money from paypal to a USD account in a local bank, but the USD I want to transfer gets automatically converted to the local currency even though my bank account is in USD. why is that?

thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Harley125
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mang0sago 

Thanks for joining the Community! 

Please be informed that when you withdraw money from your PayPal account, it’s automatically converted to the primary currency of the country which your PayPal account is registered to.

You can add a new currency to your account, convert from one currency to another, and choose your primary currency and more on the Wallet page.

Here's how to manage multiple currencies:

1. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  2. Locate the available currency and click the menu icon to the right of the currency.
  3. The options to "Make Primary", "Convert Currency", and "Close Currency" will generate.

I hope this helps! 

- Harley

Login to Me Too

mang0sago
Contributor
Contributor

@Harley125 hello. my wallet's primary currency is USD. Why would my transfer still be converted into the local currency when my bank account is in USD?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mang0sago,

Thank you for your reply! All withdrawals to a bank from PayPal are conducted in the default local currency. I regret that is not something that can be adjusted. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.