Connect PayPal bank to Quickbooks Online

americanoap
Contributor
Contributor

When trying to connect PayPal bank to Quickbooks Online I get a message that reads "Someone already set up Connect to PayPal. They'll need to sign in to add another PayPal connection or make changes to your current connection." How do I resolve? Quickbooks Online directed us here.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DavidM2022
Contributor
Contributor

I just started having this issue as well...  Did you find a solution?

Login to Me Too

americanoap
Contributor
Contributor

Hi David - unfortunately not. Spent a couple hours on the phone with PayPal customer service and they suggested it was a system/connection error that they needed to resolve. Nothing we could do. I've since been downloading CSV files transaction reports from PayPal and uploading manually to QBO. Hope that helps for now. 

Login to Me Too

DavidM2022
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

I need to spend a bit more time with QBO support....  My issue may be that while I setup the paypal connections with a username of David (with Email Address #1), and later I changed to a "Generic" Email address that could be handed off to the next person who fills my role, but, I kept the same username.

QBO seems to be confused about the use of the same username when it's used as different logins....

What concerns me with the whole thing is What is the user who set everything up is really no longer around...  Does that mean a company can never manage the paypal connection?

David

Login to Me Too

DavidM11
New Community Member

I just spent time with QB Support (Actually my 3rd call) and we were able to fix this...

Step 1:  disconnect all PayPal connections (links) for the accounts in your QB Business. 

- Yes, Even though you have a "different username" you can disconnect the connections

Step 2: Look in Apps > My Apps

- You should see that the "Connect to PayPal" Ap is no longer listed.

Step 3: Reconnect / Link PayPal to your account

- The "Primary Admin" must be the one to do this.

- The Connection process will ask "What is the start date for the downloaded transactions

- Choose a date after your last recorded PP transition in QB.  This avoids "double" downloads

This all worked for me....  Hopefully for you as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.