Closed account

Giedrius8
Contributor
Contributor

i closed my old account and created a new one with the same email and added the same credit card, now i have to get a refund from the company i sent my old paypal from, the company only refunds the account from which i sent it, but i deleted it, will i get money in a new account I created with the same email and credit card ?? sorry for the bad english

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Giedrius8 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Giedrius8
Contributor
Contributor
yes i transferred paypala money from the card and then the seller but now the seller has to return this money to me and i deleted the paypal account from which i transferred the money to him and created a new paypal account with the same email and added the same credit card but the seller says that the money will be returned to the paypal account from which I transferred the money to him (this account I will delete) so the question is: will I receive the money in my new paypal account created using the same email and adding the same credit card
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Giedrius8 and @kernowlass

Thanks for the posts!

@kernowlass, is correct. When a payment is refunded, it will be automatically returned to the payment method you used for the original purchase, even if you've closed the PayPal account. Regrettably, you will not be able to see the refund on your new account. However, you'll still receive an email confirmation from PayPal when the merchant initiates your refund. If you have any questions about the status of that transaction, feel free to reach out to Customer Support.

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.