Client "cancelling" a request approved from years ago?

JourneyOfBell
New Community Member

Okay, so.. I'm a designer, I've made some work for a client from respectively 2017 and 2019. We use PayPal for payment because it's overseas (two different countries, btw).

Yesterday, without any heads-up or the like, I suddenly get emails about the client "cancelling" the payments from all those years ago. For some reason I can't open a dispute through PayPal (thanks staff) and figure out what's going on.

As you can probably guess, these payments aren't exactly pending anymore. I received the money back in the mentioned years and now PayPal tells me those two payments have been "cancelled". I couldn't google an answer to the exact same problem I have so that's why I'm asking here: What does that even mean and will it affect me in any way?

[Btw, my client has yet to explain herself and what's the meaning of this. We haven't talked in over a year since my last assignment (where she suddenly ditched me without paying for the work I did so she's technically owing me but whatever). She's usually not the one to not inform about these actions but I also don't trust her after her little stunt last year]

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.