Client paid to previous invoice, "Money Received" but funds not showing anywhere in my account.

Jfruit
Contributor
Contributor

Client made a payment to a previous invoice, transaction now shows "Money Received" but funds not showing anywhere in my account.

A client made a monthly payment to an already-paid invoice from the previous month instead of the invoice I sent for this month. The transaction showed as "Pending" for several days but now has said "Money Received" for the last couple of days, yet I can't find the funds anywhere in my account. The transaction does still show under Pending in my Activity.

Any suggestions on when this might go through? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Jfruit,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent payment received. Is it possible the sender paid with an eCheck? If so, normally an eCheck needs to clear the bank before it’s credited to the recipient. It usually takes up to 6 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear in the recipient’s PayPal account.

If you haven't seen the payment clear by around that time, I'd recommend reaching out to our support teams to review the transaction a bit further. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Jfruit,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent payment received. Is it possible the sender paid with an eCheck? If so, normally an eCheck needs to clear the bank before it’s credited to the recipient. It usually takes up to 6 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear in the recipient’s PayPal account.

If you haven't seen the payment clear by around that time, I'd recommend reaching out to our support teams to review the transaction a bit further. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.