Charged twice for hotel booking by PayPal

RP_Camb
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Today I made two payments through PayPal (Pounds to Euro, since I can't pay Euros using my UK debit card) for hotel bookings made at Booking.com and I my bank account shows that I was charged twice on both occasions. Could someone help me to sort this out and tell me what to do next? The total amount is over £200, so I am really worried over losing it. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

S_Ameen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @RP_Camb 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I understand your concern regarding the duplicate transaction. I suggest you check your bank account if the transaction is pending or completed. If the duplicate transaction is pending then it will be released automatically as it might be an authorization charge from the merchant. You can also check the Recent Activity in your account to view the transaction details. The pending transaction should get expired automatically within 30 days. For further assistance, please contact us directly by clicking on the Contact us at the bottom of PayPal website.

I hope the provided information is helpful to you.

Ameen

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

S_Ameen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @RP_Camb 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I understand your concern regarding the duplicate transaction. I suggest you check your bank account if the transaction is pending or completed. If the duplicate transaction is pending then it will be released automatically as it might be an authorization charge from the merchant. You can also check the Recent Activity in your account to view the transaction details. The pending transaction should get expired automatically within 30 days. For further assistance, please contact us directly by clicking on the Contact us at the bottom of PayPal website.

I hope the provided information is helpful to you.

Ameen

Login to Me Too

ololo2
New Community Member

That's all good and well if you have sufficient funds on your card.My card was prepaid and non fillable.I have 80 cents on my card right now and wait 30 days to get $100 back!?

Login to Me Too

RP_Camb
Contributor
Contributor

@S_Ameen Thanks for your response!

Login to Me Too

Donkeysmum
New Community Member
Me too! I paid for a hotel break on Booking.com 5 days ago. I had two identical (pending) amounts of £208 (£416) showing on my Lloyds Bank account. This has left me with just £3 yes just £3 left in my account until I get paid in 8 days time. One of the £208 went through today. I still have one pending amount of £208 just sitting there. I CAN'T BUY FUEL FOR MY CAR TO GET TO WORK. I CAN'T PUT MONEY ON MY DAUGHTERS PARENT PAY FOR SCHOOL MEALS, AND I CAN'T BY FOOD FOR 8 DAYS.... THANKS A LOT PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Donkeysmum,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern regarding the pending payment and I apologize for the inconvenience caused with this transaction. It seems like payment is processed as authorization. Authorization is an agreement between you and a merchant to purchase an item for a specific amount of money. A merchant can capture your payment at a later date if your item needs to be assembled or isn’t available. If the merchant you sent money to, doesn't claim the money within 30 days, the full amount will be returned to the original payment method. You’ll need to contact the merchant http://booking.com  to cancel an authorization. If the merchant refuses to do so, then you can wait till the payment gets completed and then we encourage you to report it to our Resolution Center as soon as possible.

Good Luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.