Charged for a clothing order but online retailer did not send confirmation or anything.

wh4teverrrrr
Contributor
Contributor

I used paypal pay in 4 to buy some clothes using the online paypal app, after doing so the app crashed and I was charged the first installment but have received not confirmation or anything from the store that an order was ever placed. The store was crunchyroll so I doubt I was scammed by them, so what do I have to do? I have my clothes, should I just call my credit card company to void the charge and try ordering again while obviously avoiding paypal, or can paypal actually do something?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @wh4teverrrrr,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We're glad to have you here. This sounds like an authorization may have been placed for the order that had ultimately not charged due to something going wrong with the transaction. Typically authorizations with Pay in 4 are cleared after 24-48 hours if something went wrong with the checkout. All authorizations are voided after 30 days if they are never completed and left pending as well. Hopefully this helps you with this concern and can address some of your concern.

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.