Change amount of recurring payment

tracicrane
New Community Member

Hi - I simply want to change the monthly preapproved AMOUNT that I pay to a charity. Any help will be appreciated. I'm exhausted from trying to figure it out!

Traci

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

BJinAJ22
New Community Member

Thank you; my charity said I had to do it thru paypal.  I have spent over 45 minutes trying to find an answer to this without success; this is first time I connected to community.  Thank you, thank you!!!

Login to Me Too

Colleen444
Contributor
Contributor

The charity should NOT be able to change the amount of MY donation. I already tried once before, and they said to change on PayPal. This would seem like the logical way, since I’m the one authorizing the payment.  Why can’t you just have a “change amount” feature?

Login to Me Too

Inxs52
Contributor
Contributor

That doesn't help really... as most of my recipients are overseas and its bleeding hard to contact them apart from email which they never answer anyway.  I expected more from PP in 2022.

Login to Me Too

ruedante
New Community Member

Plesae could you clarify that on the website? Many people find it frustrating taht it's so hard to find out.  

Login to Me Too

Lighting1
Contributor
Contributor

There was a time when I would have said that PayPal was the future of electronic payments. Now they are a JOKE. All it takes is not being able to see the forest for the trees for a company to go down the drain. It won't be long for PayPal. The only thing they have going for them is the base of customers they built that are slowly leaving them because of stupid things like this. Sadly, they don't seem to care.

Login to Me Too

Dianec3
New Community Member

So it looks like no one know s how to change the AMOUNT, not preferred method.

There are instructions on the help button but when I follow them there is no "change " button anywhere:(

I guess I will have to cancel and start over?  Maybe I will just cancel and not use PAYPAL , seems there should be something more simple.

Login to Me Too

Baggettcindy
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. It should not this hard PayPal management....this is frustrating

Login to Me Too

Lighting1
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is, simply, they don't care. Of course changing the amount should and ultimately is easy. They just don't care enough to do it.

Login to Me Too

cliffjam
Contributor
Contributor

Also having this problem.  Just ridiculous.  No wonder everyone uses Venmo now.  When I say Paypal to people, they think I'm ancient (which I am....).

Login to Me Too

lorrwill
Contributor
Contributor

I had no idea that PayPal was so undesirable until recently. When I say, "I can pay you through PayPal" most people treat me like the dinosaur that I am. Back on topic: I ended up deleting all my recurring payments. There was no way to fix this, due to other problems specific to PayPal, and feedback from both professional and personal peers, I know to use PayPal only as a last resort.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.