Change amount of recurring payment

tracicrane
New Community Member

Hi - I simply want to change the monthly preapproved AMOUNT that I pay to a charity. Any help will be appreciated. I'm exhausted from trying to figure it out!

Traci

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

Fullnessonline
New Community Member

1. @tracicrane wrote:

Hi - I simply want to change the monthly preapproved AMOUNT that I pay to a charity. Any help will be appreciated. I'm exhausted from trying to figure it out!

Traci

When you send money for preapproved payments such as a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing, or installment plan, the money is first taken from your PayPal balance.

Here’s how to change the way you pay for preapproved payments if you don’t want to use your PayPal balance:

1. Click Profile next to "Log out" and select Profile and settings.
    2. Click My money.
    3. Click Manage automatic payments in the Automatic payments section.
    4. Click the name of the merchant for the agreement you want to change.
    5. Under "Payment method," click Change next to the funding source you're looking to change.
Login to Me Too

Aggott1
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously! It’s 2019 and I can’t simply go to "edit payment amount”  in recurring payments and change the amount I donate! I have delete and then sign up the same payment account and add the new pmt amount. I’m just going to arrange payments from my bank account. UFB 

Login to Me Too

Lighting1
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. PayPal never ceases to amaze me with how they cannot even keep up with other pay services. I no longer use them for new automatic payments. They simply sit on their hands instead of trying to make improvements. 

Login to Me Too

ASY1
Contributor
Contributor

Uh, from my account, I cannot find the “change” button, only the ability to adjust Payment method alone:image.png

Login to Me Too

comtnbiker
New Community Member

the instructions you give are to change the source of the payment, not the amount. Not helpful.

Login to Me Too

Hickster
Contributor
Contributor
Instructions get me no where. I’m exhausted trying to change amount of auto payment.
Login to Me Too

Lighting1
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly, I hate to tell you, PayPal doesn't care AT ALL about the people who use their service. They think they don't need to work on providing service. No wonder eBay dumped them. The only thing you can do is to cancel your current autopay and create a new one. I know it seems stupid, and that is because IT IS, but PayPal can't be bothered with making things easy for their users.

Login to Me Too

Colleen444
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to figure out how to change a payment amount forever. I have finally realized it’s not possible without cancelling and setting up a new payment. Completely unacceptable!  It should be so easy to do, and PayPal makes it impossible!  If I cancel, I will set up automatic payments elsewhere!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting to our community! I'm sorry to hear that you've had a frustrating experience updating a subscription. When it comes to an amount set on a recurring payment, like a monthly donation or subscription, those amounts would need to be managed through the merchant's website. PayPal acts as a gateway for your payments, your account with the merchant is where you would make changes to the subscription or donation amounts you wish to pay. I hope that helps to clarify things! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.