“Cash a check service” tab not appearing

Temp20240116ai
Contributor
Contributor

where is my “cash a check “service in the app? It says there should be a tab to click on in the home screen but I don’t have any tabs on my mobile app OR when I login from my laptop!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Temp20240116ai

The PayPal App is updated constantly so make sure you have the latest version. The cash a check feature is only accessible through the app because the deposit and void information is submitted through photos.

You can call PayPal and ask if it's possible to add the feature. The reason it may not be available is because you need to submit your identity information. Here are details on this.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/paypal’s-customer-identification-program-(cip)-and-its-b...

You can apply for a PayPal debit card and see if the feature gets added to your account (you would want to remove the app and reinstall it to see if the feature is now available). There is one specific debit card that adds features to an account when a user signs up. Whether or not this adds the check cashing functionality to your account I cannot say for sure. Either way, if you're able to get the card it will be useful for withdrawing your money at an atm.

The PayPal Cash debit card is no cost and there are no monthly fees. Here is the link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

The Cash card also adds direct deposit account and routing numbers to your PayPal account for employer and government deposits.

Login to Me Too

Justintarwater7
Contributor
Contributor
I have spoken to PayPal twice, the problem Is with the app devs
Login to Me Too

davecotter
Contributor
Contributor

the problem is still happening for everyone, that i know, as of march 30, 2022

Login to Me Too

MRod_187

I used the Check Cashing service 2 times on the PayPal App 3 days ago🤑 Today I went back to use the PayPal Check Cashing service and it was gone😱🤯

So I called PayPal customer service they had an open ticket for another user with the same problem and were able to add me to the open Tech Ticket to fix the problem.🙌 Hopefully it works🤞 I love this feature!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.