Card got charged again for the same transaction after price updation by seller

abhiprksh
Contributor
Contributor

My card got charged twice for the same transaction. The 2nd time got charged after the seller updated the price due to unavailability of an item. Will my first charged amount get refunded?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

shan06
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @abhiprksh 

Thanks for your post and welcome to PayPal community!

I'm sorry to hear that you were charged twice, please do check if you see two transaction reflecting on the activity log of your PayPal account.
Also, If you are seeing two charges you can contact the merchant and ask them to refund one transaction. 

I hope this information was helpful!
Shantha

Login to Me Too

abhiprksh
Contributor
Contributor

I can see only one transaction (ID - 7X260571M45116253). My debit card got charged the 1st time for $55 and the status was showing pending authorization on 2nd April. After that the payment was mark completed on 20th April and again $45.42 (updated price) got deducted from my card. I consider that the 1st amount charged was for blocking the specified amount from my bank account but it should have been refunded after charging the actual amount($45.42) from the card and marking the payment complete but still no sign of it in my bank/card statement

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hey @abhiprksh, 

Thanks for the extra information. you are correct. When the first authorization is made we will place a 'Hold' on the amount. If the actual transaction amount is different we will take this amount and the 'hold' will be released. It can take up to 30 days for the 'hold' amount to be refunded. I hope you will see the money back on the funding source soon. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.