Capitec Transfer of funds from paypal

Rbesasar
Contributor
Contributor

I have linked and verified my Master debit Card (Capitec bank with My Paypal but can not transfer funds out 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rbesasar 

From paypals help pages...............

How can I transfer funds from my PayPal account to my bank account in South Africa?

Transferring funds from your PayPal account directly to your eligible First National Bank of South Africa (ETF) bank account is easy and secure.

To transfer funds, you must first link your PayPal account to your bank account.

To link your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Link PayPal Profile.
Follow the instructions to link your accounts. You will need to sign in to your PayPal account to confirm that you are the account holder.

After linking your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps to transfer funds to your ETF bank account from your PayPal account:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Withdraw from PayPal.
Enter the transfer amount in USD dollars. (Please check that your PayPal balance is sufficient to make the transfer.)
Follow the instructions to confirm the exchange rate, the Rand amount you will receive, and the Transaction Terms and Conditions.
You will be directed to PayPal to sign in and verify the amount you are transferring to your ETF account.
Then you will be redirected to the FNB site. Your funds will be transferred to your bank account within 3 to 6 business days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rbesasar 

From paypals help pages...............

How can I transfer funds from my PayPal account to my bank account in South Africa?

Transferring funds from your PayPal account directly to your eligible First National Bank of South Africa (ETF) bank account is easy and secure.

To transfer funds, you must first link your PayPal account to your bank account.

To link your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Link PayPal Profile.
Follow the instructions to link your accounts. You will need to sign in to your PayPal account to confirm that you are the account holder.

After linking your PayPal account to your ETF account, follow these steps to transfer funds to your ETF bank account from your PayPal account:

Click on PayPal Services and then on Withdraw from PayPal.
Enter the transfer amount in USD dollars. (Please check that your PayPal balance is sufficient to make the transfer.)
Follow the instructions to confirm the exchange rate, the Rand amount you will receive, and the Transaction Terms and Conditions.
You will be directed to PayPal to sign in and verify the amount you are transferring to your ETF account.
Then you will be redirected to the FNB site. Your funds will be transferred to your bank account within 3 to 6 business days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Skadola
New Community Member
How can the topic be Capitec, and you end up talking about FNB?
Login to Me Too

Lefamjlf
Contributor
Contributor

You withdraw to Capitec through FNB, when you register on FNB paypal services they will give you an option to withdraw to any south african bank account as long as its in your name. Create an FNB profile, then go to Forex tap then click on paypal services.

Login to Me Too

Brastax
Contributor
Contributor
So you are saying we must now open another bank account with FNB in order to user the current bank we registered to?
Login to Me Too

realaleelife
Contributor
Contributor
No dear, you just go to the FNB website and go to paypal services and there you'll choose the bank that you have registered to your PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Swiftyaan
Contributor
Contributor

After a tedious wait, I finally got FNB to verify my FICA Documents. After trying to link my PayPal account, I was told that I need to VERIFY my card. After multiple calls, I couldn't get my capitec savings account to verify. I called Capitec and I was told that Capitec and Paypal don't work together so I won't be able to get it verified... now what?

Login to Me Too

Perezdevilliers
Contributor
Contributor
This doesn't work
Login to Me Too

Dilligaf3
You must do all of this from a laptop. The fnb site doesn't give you all the options on a smart phone. Why I don't know.
Login to Me Too

Percy88
Contributor
Contributor

@dilligaf  Did you eventually get sorted out with  paypal withdrawal? Please help me out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.