Cant pay for products with paypal

CracklingDoom
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to pay for products on MTG Arena (xsolla) and Steam. My prefered payment method is my paypal balance, but it keeps trying to get me to link a card, suggesting there isnt enough on my balance (There is.). I havent blocked any sites. Its been a week and its pretty frustrating!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CracklingDoom 

Are the funds in your balance in the correct currency required by the merchant?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CracklingDoom
Contributor
Contributor

Was never a problem (MTG Arena) and the product is 10 dollars and I have 24 euro on the balance

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CracklingDoom 

As I said the funds have to be in the correct currency, paypal only converts them when you pay via a bank or card, if they are in your balance then you need to convert them yourself.

Then go to your wallet and mark euros as your primary currency for that transaction (swap back afterwards).

Lastly mark your balance as your preferred funding source here >>>

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CracklingDoom
Contributor
Contributor

balance has always been my prefered.
In the five years i have used paypal to pay for product on MTG Arena, the currency was never a problem?
Thanks anyway!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.