Cannot send money pay for service

TillyHannah
Contributor
Contributor

Need to pay for consultation service, from CA to AZ.  I've been struggling for a couple of days.  "Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later." popup is where it ends.  It doesn't even ask me whether to transfer funds from my bank account or pay via a credit card.

I spoke with PayPal a couple of days ago, and they said they were aware of the issue.  The rep told me not to try more than once per hour and told me to call again if it's not resolved by 6 PM.  Still the same problem 2 days later, so I'll call them in a few hours.  I cannot send money via Venmo either naturally.

My automatic payments for subscriptions and other purchases (eBay, etc.) have no issues.  I'm not even sure if PayPal is even working on resolving this problem?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @TillyHannah,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know that you're facing issues while sending money. From the reading of the information that you've shared, it is possible that our security system is not letting this transaction go through. Some unusual account activity would have triggered this. This is only temporary. Our internal security system works hard to keep our customer's accounts safe. This is just a security measure that we take to make sure the account is safe. I would suggest you try to attempt the transaction again at a later time. Please do not try to attempt this transaction simultaneously, as the security algorithm may reset itself and the same situation may occur again. This will result in further delays. I appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Good luck,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

TillyHannah
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  "Please try again later" never worked.  I was first try no more than once an hour then to call again (never got a rep).  I've been in a chat with PayPal, and apparently "security issues" on my account that I've had for ages, nothing has been changed including my bank info.  I was told to wait 24 hours (no further instruction) on Friday.  Never tried again.  I added my credit card to my husband's account to pay for the service I urgently had to pay.  PayPal is working for purchases and subscriptions, so for sending money I'll continue to use my husband's PayPal account and Zelle rather than going through the same thing with PayPal.  All answers from PayPal have been very condescending without specific reasons, and "please wait and try again because of security issues" doesn't cut it for me. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.