Cancelled - Authorisation: How do I get my money back?

Jabbertronix
Contributor
Contributor

I have a transaction that got to the authorisation stage where PayPal sends you an email saying 'you have authorised of x to x', however, long story short the transaction was cancelled and even though PayPal says I wasn't charged, money has been taken out of my account. When I look at the transaction details through PayPal it says "The temporary authorisation was cancelled and your payment method wasn't charged." However, through my bank I can see that I was charged. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Chase

Hi @Jabbertronix,

Thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear you haven't received the funds back as of yet. When a temporary authorization is created, your bank will hold the funds temporarily, until the transaction is completed. We don't take the funds in these situations from the bank while the authorization is still pending. When a pending authorization is canceled, your bank usually releases the funds quickly, but it can take up to 30 days. You can see more on authorizations here.

I hope this helps!

Chase

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.