Cancel pending transaction due to inactive banko account

tejasrajput09
New Community Member
I have a transaction which I need to cancel. Whenever I try to contact PayPal via message us option, everytime I get a message stating that all our agents are offline. I have tried it during 8AM-4PM CST. Don't see any other way to contact them. I really need to cancel this transaction as the bank account it is going to is no more active or I have not used it in years.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @tejasrajput09

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues contacting our Customer Support over a recent transaction. Unfortunately, you normally wouldn't be able to cancel a transaction or change a funding source once the transaction has already begun to process. However, you may be able to request a refund through the merchant to begin the transaction over with a different funding soruce. Otherwise, you may see the payment attempt from the bank, and then the backup funding source after the original attempt from the bank fails. You can view the backup funding source in the transaction's details in your PayPal Activity. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.