Cancel pending payment. No option exists!

temp20220301o
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I sent a friend $. Have done it before with no issue. This time, payment is still pending. Friend did not receive an instant payment, as always before. Got an e-check which friend cannot get access to. So, I want to cancel the transaction, and find another way. Called PayPal. Autobot said to find transaction on summary page, and click cancel. There is no cancel option. I have tried website and app. Help? Thank you!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20220301o 

eChecks payments have to clear the bank first before the recipient receives it. They are marked as “Pending”  until it clears, at which point, the status switches to “Completed” and the funds are posted to your friend’s PayPal account. PayPal will notify the recipient that eCheck has cleared.

While “instant transfers” are a faster method to send a bank payment, a card must also be linked or valid for PayPal to advance the money to the recipient immediately while they wait for your bank payment to clear.

If you want to cancel the issued eCheck, please contact your bank asap, who might charge a fee to cancel or stop payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.