Cancel automatic payment

Whitestarlion
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying, without success, to either alter or cancel an automatic payment which I've had for the last 10 years! Cannot find out how to either cancel or edit, in spite of following instructions in 'Help' (Dead links, or 404s ... so annoying)...

Hope someone can help...

Thank you,

Melanie

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whitestarlion 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Mark them as inactive.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whitestarlion 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Mark them as inactive.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whitestarlion
Contributor
Contributor

Dear kernowlass,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me.

However, I was unable to follow the sequence you outlined, as the tabs are different on my computer!

The nearest one to 'Payments' was 'Pay and Get Paid'. Clicking on this reveals 4 options, none of which contain any information about 'pre-approved payments' of 'automatic payments'.

So I remain mystified.

I searched again on both these terms in the Search Box, but Paypal's instructions lead to pages with error messages ... the information is just not there.

Maybe I'll wait a few days before trying again ... perhaps they are doing some work 'under the hood' which will result in things 'making sense' again!!

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whitestarlion 

As you have a business account try this.

Top right click on profile >settings > money > banks and cards > scroll right down to manage preapproved payments. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whitestarlion
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Kernolass,

Thanks for trying again! I got to work!

Had a different problem initially ... a webpage flashed past without opening and before I could read it. This happened several times, and I could see it was the very page I needed for cancellation purposes! I tried numerous times, unsuccessfully, then when I clicked, I held the button down rather than releasing my finger, and it brought up the relevant webpage! (Mentioning this in case this happens to anyone else!)

Many thanks for your persistence and kindness in reply!

Login to Me Too

JE9037
New Community Member

You will likely see a weird "blank" page come up after you click "Cancel" and think nothing is happening.  Scroll down the blank page to see a "confirm cancellation" button, click that and you should see "inactive" when you go back to the Manage Auto payments screen.  why the button is so far down the  otherwise blank page is unknown.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.