Cancel Order

Wharris224
New Community Member

I have a pending transaction that I want to cancel. The option to cancel is not showing up in the activity. How do I cancel

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Harley125
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Wharris224 

I understand that you need help in canceling payment. If a payment you sent is pending or unclaimed, it means the recipient hasn’t received or hasn’t accepted the payment yet.  

A payment will be pending or unclaimed if:

• It was sent to an email address or phone number that isn’t registered to a verified PayPal account. In this case, you’ll be able to cancel the payment. Go to your Activity, find the payment and hit Cancel.
  • The recipient has opted not to automatically accept some payments. These could be payments not in their preferred currency, or from buyers with unconfirmed addresses. In these cases, the option to cancel the payment won’t be available in your Activity. The recipient needs to accept or deny the payment.

We automatically cancel pending or unclaimed payments after 30 days and send the money back to its original source. Refunds to bank accounts may take up to 5 days, while refunds to credit or debit cards may take up to 30 days. For more details you can click cancel payment 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.