Can't send money using SBI Global Visa Debit card to freelancer.com

PiyushS09
Contributor
Contributor

I have linked by SBI Global Visa debit card to PayPal, and I've already enabled international transactions, CNP and POS (E-Commerce) channels for that card. But whenever I try to make a payment to freelancer.com (for linking my PayPal to freelancer account), it says "To use this card, enable it for international transactions or choose another card."

I haven't made any other payments with my PayPal so far. I've tried making the payment many times over the past week, but it keeps on showing that error message. (Also, I've noticed that it never asks for and OTP - just the CVV number on the back of the card).

Am I missing something here?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

ishant
Contributor
Contributor

I am  facing  same problem  , do  you  found any solutions  ??

Login to Me Too

webalaya
New Community Member

Have the exact same problem recently with both the SBI Global VISA and SBI Global Mastercard cards. Their customer care is useless and keep suggesting that we enable the card for international usage, which we already have done. A visit to their local branch did not help either. So much for their "global" cards!

Login to Me Too

Vishal994
Contributor
Contributor
I had faced this problem back in June and I'm still facing it. I had visited the bank regarding the issue that I'm facing and they just answered saying it's PayPal's problem even without listening to me.
Login to Me Too

ishant
Contributor
Contributor

Those who  are facing  problem on  money transfer on freelancer.com   do  one thing open full [removed] account of kotak mahindra bank it is zero balance account  and it is saving account , on full  kyc  you  will  receive a virtual debit card  use this virtual debit for international transaction it will  also work on freelancer.com as well  , make sure in the card setting  it is on for international transactions. last things sbi pnb debit  card will not work for international transaction irrespective of which  card you have global or international card , i had face the same problem and than found solution to this problem . so enjoy 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Vishal994, @ishant, and everyone! 

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry you're having difficulty sending a payment using a linked card. When adding a card to your PayPal account, we recommend only using a physical card. PayPal is not designed to be compatible with virtual cards, and support for them is not available. If a virtual card is added, which it sometimes cannot be, the card may not be able to be successfully used for sending money because of the incompatibility. 

Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you have a wonderful week. 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

AntiHeroX
Contributor
Contributor

Sadly I have been facing the same issue. And no it is not a virtual card. It is a physical global VISA debit card with international transactions enabled which was working fine with Paypal payments before April 1st 2022. ( I was using it for various transactions, one of which was a Discord Nitro subscription which  was working fine for a year, but stopped working after March itself. )
After which, neither going to the bank nor talking to paypal customer support helps.

Login to Me Too

Vishal994
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know if shifting to using global debit cards from other banks will be helpful. My SBI global debit card works fine when doing direct transactions from my card, but it's always not safe doing so. The bank is also of no help in this situation.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.