Can't see transaction details anylonger

olsenme
Contributor
Contributor

Why can't I see the details of my transactions anymore?
Whenever I click on a transaction, I get a message saying "We can't process your request at this time, please try again later".
It has been like this for many days.
I need to do a partial refund for a transaction, so I need to open the transaction - but I can't.
When I post a message in the message center, it disappears right away, so that too doesn't work anylonger.
I also emailed Paypals customer service but, as always, it's useless and I get no reply.
What can I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @olsenme,

Thank you for posting on the PayPal community forum. 

I am sorry to know that you're unable to view the transaction to issue a refund. This might be due to technical issues on the website. In this case, I would recommend you troubleshooting such as clearing cache and cookies, or try using a different browser. You can issue a full or partial refund within 180 days from the transaction date as long as its status is "Completed," "Pending," or "Cleared." For information to issue a refund, please check this help center article. If the issue persists, please contact us via the available options on our website to look into this.

Best wishes,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

olsenme
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ayesha,

I have tried different browsers and different computers, it's all the same.
My wife has no problems viewing her transactions from the same computer using the same browser.

And, frankly, I cannot see how "clearing cache and cookies, or try using a different browser" could cure any eventual "technical issues on the website", but as mentioned above, even that has been tried.
There seems to be no assistance from Paypal available at all.
It's not possible to email Paypal.
When I send a message in the message center it simply disappears,
and there are never any assistants present in the chat.
Can/will Paypal help?

Login to Me Too

olsenme
Contributor
Contributor

- And just now I received a message from Paypal explaining to me (a decades long Paypal user with thousands of transactions behind me) - how to issue a refund...

It's hopeless.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.