Can't see transaction but money is withdrawned from bank account

zeki09
New Community Member

Hello everyone!

I apologize for my bad ENglish, hope I'll manage to explain my problem.

I was buying one item form eBay. I chose PayPal for paying mehod, logged in and clicked for pay. On the window it showed "Processing..." (or something like that) and I was waiting, and waiting, and waiting... and then I closed that window. I got notification in my PayPal profile:

"Pending ... payment

On 2 October 2021, you authorized a payment of ... on your card ... If the payment is voided for any reason, the pending amount won't be charged. It may take a few days for this to show on your card statement."

I can't see this transaction in Acitivity (on my PayPal profile), also can't in Summary and in Recent activity. On eBay profile all is like I didn't prurchase this item. But ON MY BANK ACCOUNT EXACT AMOUNT OF MONEY IS MISSING.

I can't report this becausa I don't see this transaction.

Please help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

zeki09
New Community Member

I checked again my bank account and now I don't see 'PayPal payment' and money is returned. What happened?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@zeki09,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

It sounds like the PayPal transaction in question might be an authorization.  An authorization is an agreement between you and a merchant for a purchase of an item for a specific amount of money.  If the person you sent money to doesn't claim the money within 30 days, the full amount will be returned to your PayPal account, credit card, or debit card and all holds are released. PayPal will send you an email after the merchant is paid.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.