Can't receive/make payments, have confirmed my account months ago

RioZombie
New Community Member

I've confirmed my email and added a fully confirmed card in my account but I haven't been able to pay for things or receive payment for my commissions through it at all, its been months and I'm running out of ideas on how to fix it. The card has been accepted but still says "checking..." in a blue note above the card, if that is the problem I do not know how to correct it

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @RioZombie 

did you do this procedure correctly?

How do I confirm a debit or credit card that I've linked to my PayPal account?

By linking and confirming a credit or debit card you help us to confirm your identity and verify that you own the card which you have registered to your PayPal account.

Here's how to confirm your card:

1. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  2. Click the card that needs to be confirmed.
  3. Click the confirm card link (if you don't see the link, you don't have to complete this process).
  4. Read the information on the confirm credit card page and click OK.

PayPal will make a small charge to your card. After the card is confirmed, we will immediately refund the card. Your card issuer will credit your card balance within 30 days from the date of the refund.

The charge appears on your card statement with a 4-digit code and the word PAYPAL. If you view your card statements online, you can check for the code in a few days. Otherwise, check for the code when you receive your next statement in the mail.

Confirm your card by entering the code
Have your 4-digit PayPal code ready and follow the steps below:

1. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  2. Click the card that needs to be confirmed.
  3. Enter the 4 digit code in the box and click Confirm.

Note: When adding a card, you’ll be asked to complete 3D-Secure by your card issuing bank. To confirm that you’re the owner of the card, your card issuer may ask you to enter a security code sent to your mobile or email box, or you may need to complete biometric authentication (fingerprint or face recognition) on your banking app.

If you successfully complete the 3D-Secure authentication, your card will be automatically confirmed, and you’ll be able to add the card to your PayPal account for future payments, some of which may prompt you to re-enter your 3D-Secure passcode or password, however, this should be the exception rather than the norm.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.