Can't pay with Paypal (with linked bank account)?

Michael_WIE
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've got a problem with my paypal account. I have linked my bank account with m Paypal account, got it verified, but I still can't make any transactions or send money to my friends. When I try to make a payment it directly asks me to add a credit card, which I don't have. Does this really mean that I will need a credit card to make any payment?

I already received the payment (€0.16 + €0.12) from Paypal to confirm my bank account but I still can't pay. One of the stores where I tried to pay with Paypal was Adidas, and when I choose Paypal as my payment method it shows me this message: '''We weren't able to set up preapproved payments this time. Please try again''. It tells me to choose a different payment method.

PAYPAL.jpg

I already tried deleting and linking the same bank account over and over again but with no succes.

I would really appreciate it a lot if you could help me out.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Michael_WIE 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

However they only take that 'risk'  of crediting the seller upfront if you pay by...

1. Bank transfer but have a back up card linked to your account as well.
2. Debit or credit card.
If you have option 1 but have no back up card linked then your payment may go as an echeque and you and the seller will have to await clearance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Michael_WIE
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply!

So does this mean I will need a credit card to take part of a ''sneaker drop'' for example?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.