Can't pay chewy.com.

Kelly111111
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot get a payment to go through to chewy.com. Any other purchases I make online are fine. Chewy says everything looks good on their end. Any ideas? Is there a way I could have accidentally blocked them? It gives no reason when I try to make a purchase and PayPal doesn't show a declined purchase and my account is in good standing.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Janetcat49010
Contributor
Contributor
I have this issue too. Makes no sense. It’s been all year and no resolution.
Login to Me Too

JB55
Contributor
Contributor

As a pre-warning, because this happened to me. Don't buy the product(s) from another vender, because Chewy.com will charge your card, when ever they can, even after your payment was initially denied. Chewy.com will deny your payment, but expects you to wait and to not buy else where, until they get around to it, and at anytime after, they charge your card, forcing you to have to use Chewy.com, because they somehow saved your card information from your previous attempts, and for some reason they have PayPal's support, so you can't report them as an unauthorized charge. I was basically told that just putting my card info. in is authorization, even after Chewy denied my payment. So I guess we're stuck, being forced to use Chewy.com, even if we don't agree with their business practices. We now can't choose to shop Petco or Wal-mart instead, because like most folks right now, we can't afford to be stuck with TWO dog beds or whatever product(s), whenever Chewy.com gets around to charge your card with the info. they got saved of you.

Login to Me Too

Dmparker5
Contributor
Contributor
I have been having this issue last 3 orders I have placed with them over the last few months. I pay thru their app and it gets declined. They said it was from a 10 gift card that is some how stuck on my account they can't get off but I didn't click it this time and they still declined my card (on pay day) it did eventually go through fine direct from my bank through PayPal though? I have been using them for years and this is the first time they've had this issue and it's not a one time thing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.