Can't pay chewy.com.

Kelly111111
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot get a payment to go through to chewy.com. Any other purchases I make online are fine. Chewy says everything looks good on their end. Any ideas? Is there a way I could have accidentally blocked them? It gives no reason when I try to make a purchase and PayPal doesn't show a declined purchase and my account is in good standing.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

PayPal_Craig

Hi @Kelly111111,

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty making this payment. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Clear cache and cookies.

2. Attempt to log in through the device, location or IP address more consistent with previous account activity

3. Use a different browser or device.

4. Activate location services on your device or in the browser.

5. Ensure the account is not being used using VPN or hosting IP.

6. Wait 48-72 hours and try again.

I hope this helps! 

Craig

Login to Me Too

Kelly111111
Contributor
Contributor
Didn't help.
Login to Me Too

Kelly111111
Contributor
Contributor
It didn't helped so far, but thanks for the input.
Login to Me Too

JB55
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered cat food on Chewy.com but they wouldn't accept my payment. After trying again with no avail, I went with Petco, who accepted my payment with no problem, but then I saw on my statement that Chewy charged me, when their system caught up or whatever, but the transaction NEVER completed and was the reason I bought from Petco, so how can they charge me, when I only got a notice from Chewy that they could NOT accept my payment? I feel like this is an UNauthorized charge.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @JB55

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent payment. If the payment never completed or was declined, what you may be seeing is just an authorization. However, I'd recommend reaching out to your funding source first to see if it's a completed charge or an authorization for a charge. Normally authorizations expire between 3 and 30 days, however you can try reaching out to the merchant to see if they are able to cancel the authorization if it hasn't dropped off by itself after 3 days. Depending on the status, they may not be able to. In that case you may want to double-check with our support teams to see if any other options are available. 

Good luck with this and future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

JB55
Contributor
Contributor

Jon K.  I don't understand why a denied or an incomplete transaction would mean that I was giving authorization?? One would think, as I did think, that this indicated the exact opposite. In fact, I was actually glad that my payment did NOT go through with Chewy, because I ended up finding a better deal on cat food at Petco. If it was known, that possibly a declined card, resulting in an incomplete transaction, meant that, whenever Chewy.com fixed their website problem, an authorization was established, no matter what statement the potential customer had been given at the time of the denied and incomplete transaction took place? Just the mere thought of this is absurd, and would NOT stand up in a court of law. In fact, this actually wasn't an incomplete transaction. It was a COMPLETED transaction resulting in the status of DENIED at that present time. This is why I pursued other options to purchase my cat food. It's that simple.    This practice of Chewy.com is concerning to me, actually down right scary! 

Login to Me Too

Dmparker5
Contributor
Contributor
Most places will do a payment authorization immediately upon placing the initial order than the order will either go through or decline. If it declines usually it comes up as CCOP something doesn't match address change somewhere or something similar with the bank. I don't know what is going on with chewy though because nothing has changed, same card I have been using for years, same house I have been living in for years. They just stopped taking my card within the past 2 months unless they run it through when I call. It used to be because of this 10 gift card stuck on my account they can't seem to remove but I don't know what was wrong this week. I didn't check the gift card and same issue.
Login to Me Too

KackyW
New Community Member

We successfully use other shopping platforms all day, yet suddenly with Chewy we are doing it wrong? No. This "i-t guy" response is hostile and not helpful.

Login to Me Too

tqchen90
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if you were able to resolve your issue but I was having the same problem.

I called PayPal and they stated there weren't any issues with my account.

I chatted with a Chewy rep and they were able to unlink my PayPal account and I was able to sign back in with my PayPal login info and use it as a payment source again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.