Contributor

Try to repeat the action.

Sometimes something goes wrong.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FrankTauu 

https://www.paypal.com/nz/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-faq686?...

Is the bank account in exactly the same name as your paypal account name?
Have you tried another browser / cleared your history/cache?
Is it a NZ bank account?

Has it been linked to any paypal accounts in the past?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FrankTauu
Contributor
Contributor
When I set my PayPal up I used my nick name which is different from my legal name. I have submitted my legal documents ie. Drivers licence and marriage cert to PayPal to change my name on paypal. Hopefully I get the name change on PayPal sorted so I can then link my bank account. Fingers crossed I don't have to jump through any more hoops once my name change is sorted.
Login to Me Too

FrankTauu
Contributor
Contributor
Also, yes it is a New Zealand Bank account and no, my bank account is not linked to another account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FrankTauu 

Name on the bank account has to match the name on your paypal account so that would be the issue.

Also you may not be able to change the nickname as normally paypal will only change a name for legal reasons ie marriage OR for a 2 character minor correction.

Any documents you send in has to show the name on your paypal account was your legal name but that has now changed to another legal name.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.