Can't link Credit or Debit Card

Cerpyn
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there! So, I had a question. I can't link a credit or debit card to my account. I don't have a credit card, and I'm from the Netherlands and don't seem to be able to link a debit card to my account. It just made me wonder, would I still be able buy stuff online if I have enough money in my balance? I've had it happen a couple of times where I wanted to buy something online, had enough money in my PayPal balance, but it still prompted me to add a credit or debit card which I am unable to do. Does anyone know if there's a work around, or if I'm simply doing something wrong? Or do I just really have to add in a card, then?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

shan06
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi, @Cerpyn 

Thanks for your post and welcome to PayPal community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble to link your debit or credit card. You should be able to use your PayPal balance to make payment or purchase. Our security system checks every transaction to make sure they are risk free. If we find that the transaction is not completely secure our security system will stop it from processing. This will not affect every transaction on your account. You need to try sending the payment using a different payment method or try sending the money at a later date.

However if you are still facing issue to add the card please try to contact our support

I hope this information was helpful!
Shantha

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.