Can't add Paypal to Microsoft payment methods: "Your account wasn't authorized or added"

Zephyniah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm trying to link in my Paypal Account to my Microsoft Store account. It doesn't really work after proceeding to the sign in page (and choosing which card to use).  An error shows up with the text: "Try again? Your account wasn't authorized or added." at the Microsoft page with little to no clue (or error text) as to what happened or what is disallowing the authorization method. I sought out help but I was advised to also check Paypal as the issue may have been coming from Paypal itself. I have attempted to add Paypal as my payment method numerous times now since yesterday using different cards. 

I'm pretty sure I have funds in both of my cards and bank account itself. Further investigation also showed that I have an billing for an Inactive payment from Microsoft Corporation (charged to no amount) reflecting the times I've tried to include my Paypal as a payment method. It is worth noting that it's my first time attempting to purchase something from the Microsoft Store. An image of a sample of this is included below:

Zephyniah_1-1685256073799.png

I was wondering what's causing the issue? And is there a way to resolve this to proceed with the actual transaction? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Zephyniah

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues making a recent purchase with Microsoft. I can understand how concerning this can be. Have you tried the steps in the following Help Center article yet: Why was my payment declined? 

If that doesn't help, you may want to try reaching out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.