Can i use a Personal Account to receive Tips\Donations\Paymants from twitch and Streamlab Apps?

SetArk
Contributor
Contributor

Basically, i'm a livestreamer. 
I do tiktok, youtube, all those cute things.

Stuff is, i were warned by some ppl, maybe trolls in here  : https://www.reddit.com/r/paypal/comments/120j0w1/comment/jdhrd6d/?context=3

They insist that i need to read the UAP, which i read, and receive a pre-approval from paypal to be sure to not have my account frozen for the donations.
And when i say donations, i mean, i basicaly post my email adress through an Addon of Stream Elements, that add a cute interface to how much they want to donate. 
Similar to well, directly coming to me and giving me money through my email.

Catch is, this can be seen as Donation, and apparetly Section 12 of the UAP 2022 (most recent version i recall) specificallly says that this a breach of contract and that i neeed "Pre-Approval".

Same with receiving money from Twitch. I get 50 dolars on twitch through subscribers, ads, cheers and extract that into paypal, so i can transfer to my bank.
And again, i was told time and time again that i need paypal Approval to do this. 
NO ONE seemed to explain what kind of "approval" i need. 

Please, anyone can shed  light on this?

Final question: Can i just use a normal, Personal account to earn my money through twitch ( by twitch  paying me or by donations from viewers) , or o i have to talk to someoen on Paypal.

Funny thing is i even tried to find way to convert into a business account, and i just can't find the buttom anymore.
And the only button i saw that would lead me to a "sales-representative" on the AUP Document, right on the table where there is this section 12 Livestreaming bal bla bla... Leads me to a page that i fill out, but can't advance for no god damn reason. Maybe because i don't even came close to the 44K Dollars a year they asked if i made.

Reddit was useelss. Paypal reddit full of trolls or people that just dont want to help and make things more confuse. Twitch reddit no one answears.

So i come here, please, givem e some help. I just want to work.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @SetArk,

Welcome to our community help forum!

I understand you're looking to receive payments through your personal PayPal account. All PayPal accounts allow you to send and receive payments. Personal PayPal accounts are recommended for individuals who shop and pay online, or wish to send or receive personal payments or for casual sellers or non-businesses who wish to get paid online, and who also make online purchases. Business accounts are for the merchants who operate under a company/group name. 

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.