Can i redirect a payment to another email belonging to same person

KirstinVG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I have sent an payment but used an email that is not linked to an account. the payment is pending. Can I redirect the payment to the correct email that is linked to the paypall account? or cancel the payment as the owner is not going to set up an account. please advise

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

No, once sent you can't replace or redirect email.

The right approach in this case is to link the other email to the existing PayPal account belonging to same person.

Adding second email to that account and accept payment.

You can add up to seven email address in one PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KirstinVG 

If you have sent the payment and the other party will not add that email address to their paypal account then it should be showing as unclaimed on your paypal account?

So can you confirm its showing as unclaimed with or without a cancel option and did you use the goods/services or friends/family option to send the money and does it show anything other than unclaimed etc?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KirstinVG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and thank you for the message. This is very odd. It is marked on my recent activity as 'money sent'. 

however the recipient is saying that he has not received it because the email is not linked to paypal. His gmail account is linked to paypal - we followed the advice of the first person on the messaging platform who replied saying link the not receiving email to the email on the account - which he did - but got this message ' we are sorry but that transaction no longer exists. ...' and a big ! So i don't know where to go from here. My account says - sent. His account says ' transaction no longer exists' I have definitely sent it to the email that he uses. What should i do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KirstinVG 

Was this person a friend or family member as you used that option to send the funds (or it would not show as SENT but PAYMENT)?

If it wasn't and you were paying for goods or services then its often a scam trick to say that they didn't receive the money for any reason that they can think of as they know you are unable to open a paypal dispute as you paid using the friends/family ie gift option.

Only if its marked as SENT it has successfully completed to the email address linked to a valid paypal account you sent it to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KirstinVG
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it was a friend/family and yes it says SENT. Could there be a problem that he joined the email address to his princpal email paypal account after i sent the payment. I originally got a note saying it would be returned to me in 30 days if not collected. Now it says sent (since he linked the accounts) but apparently he got a note saying ‘sorry that transaction no monger exists’. Going round in circles. Is there no one at paypal who can clarify what /where the money is i sent?!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.