Can a Buyer cancel payment?

tdbdg
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a book collection to a buyer, they have been shipped, and the buyer has since paid however the funds are on hold by PayPal. Can the buyer cancel or rescind payment at this point?  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

tdbdg
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response...but that doesn't address my question.  My scenario - the buyer submitted payment, it's now on hold, I shipped the purchased items.  Based on what you sent to me, it appears that funds will be released 25 Hrs./1 Day after confirmed delivery, that I get.  My question then is, does the buyer have the ability to rescind or cancel payment?

Thanks agian!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thank you @kernowlass for digging up that great Help Center article! We appreciate all you do!

Welcome back @tdbdg, I'm sorry to hear there's still some confusion on what a buyer can / cannot do with PayPal. In short, no, they cannot just rescind or cancel the payment once it has completed to your PayPal account. However, it's important to know your Seller Protection as well as our Dispute Process in case of a Buyer Dispute. You may also want to review this article on Pending and Unclaimed payments. 

Good luck with this and future sales!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.