Can I send money to a VISA card to someone else (not me)? The receiver does not have a PayPal.

magymsuci
Contributor
Contributor

Can I send money to a VISA card to someone else (not me)?

The receiver does not have a PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@magymsuci 

No. The recipient must have a PayPal account to accept the money and then withdraw to linked card if they are located in a country that has card withdrawal option. 

Perhaps use Xoom, a PayPal service, to send money direct to bank account, for cash pick up or hand delivery (options may vary depending on destination country). You can pay with PayPal, bank account, credit card, or debit card. Select flag of country you’re sending  money to on the Xoom homepage for available options.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@magymsuci 

No. The recipient must have a PayPal account to accept the money and then withdraw to linked card if they are located in a country that has card withdrawal option. 

Perhaps use Xoom, a PayPal service, to send money direct to bank account, for cash pick up or hand delivery (options may vary depending on destination country). You can pay with PayPal, bank account, credit card, or debit card. Select flag of country you’re sending  money to on the Xoom homepage for available options.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

magymsuci
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for answering so quickly and for the suggestion.

Login to Me Too

magymsuci
Contributor
Contributor

Kudo,

I need your help again.

My bank account/card is in Bulgarian currency.

I tried to send 110 $ to a Ukrainian credit card which is in $.

On "you are sending" - I choose - $.
On "contact receives" - I choose - $.

BUT, when I am about to proceed, after a few steps, I always get this message:

"The specified payment source does not match the order's source currency code. Expected 'USD' but was 'EUR'."

I also try to send by choosing EURO to EURO (On "you are sending" and on "contact receives".), and it did to confirmed the transaction and then the system canceled the transaction and returned the money:

"We're sorry, our partner has advised us that the bank account provided on transaction X6NQ53FC does not accept the selected currency."

I wrote customer service BUT I didn't get back from them for three days already.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.