Buyer sent money as a business transaction, nothing recieved on my end and transaction ID is fake

mrjaved
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed on a price with someone for £260, and they live in Ireland (I live in UK, don't know if countries affect anything), and they sent the money to me as a business transaction. I contact PayPal UK support number, and gave them the transaction ID that I was sent by the buyer, and the PayPal representative told me the transaction ID is not real. Told the buyer, and they told me to contact PayPal IE instead, do you think it surely mashed a difference, or should I have recieved a receipt email either way (I believe I should have)
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrjaved 

I don’t think it matters. PayPal should be able to see payment/transaction ID. You can call PayPal UK back and ask if there is an incoming payment for £260 at all in the queue that is not showing up.

At the end of the day, if you or customer service do not see a record of payment fairly instantly in your account, you’ve not been paid and to me that’s what matters. You should have received a payment confirmation email from PayPal AND seen payment in your account.

If after calling PayPal again and still no payment and buyer has a problem with that, tell them to dispute the payment. Then, we’ll see if they really paid you or not.

Btw, if the transaction ID number given to you contains a dash, it’s fake.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mrjaved 

I don’t think it matters. PayPal should be able to see payment/transaction ID. You can call PayPal UK back and ask if there is an incoming payment for £260 at all in the queue that is not showing up.

At the end of the day, if you or customer service do not see a record of payment fairly instantly in your account, you’ve not been paid and to me that’s what matters. You should have received a payment confirmation email from PayPal AND seen payment in your account.

If after calling PayPal again and still no payment and buyer has a problem with that, tell them to dispute the payment. Then, we’ll see if they really paid you or not.

Btw, if the transaction ID number given to you contains a dash, it’s fake.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mrjaved
Contributor
Contributor
Took screenshots of the recording the buyer sent me off their transaction receipt. It does look legit, but don't know if it is clearly a fake in terms of an outdated layout or other factors, but if you could check them out and let me know that would be great, thanks. The buyer said the payment must still be pending. I'm going to attach links for the two screenshots below, thanks. https://ibb.co/qjMqHS8 https://ibb.co/NNY3Qjz
Login to Me Too

mrjaved
Contributor
Contributor
Also, did call PayPal UK, give them the transaction ID, date of supposed payment, and the amount and the representative came back with nothing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.