Buyer pays twice, two minutes apart.-then wish to get one refunded-will PayPal steal "fees" from me?

Andr21
Contributor
Contributor

- buyer placed/paid two (equal) orders by mistake.

- he asked paypal for refund (which went stright to me)

- I guess paypal will steal (keep) the fees for he's mistake, out of my balance?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Windshadow
Contributor
Contributor
No PayPal is good about refunding fees...I have never had an issue they didn't make right. Call PP Mon - Sun not sure how late their open, weekdays it's later. I spoke to them earlier today at 4:45 & it's Sunday... 1[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Best Wishes, Wind
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andr21 

Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.
So if its the buyers fault then see if they will pay the fee as its their mistake, if they agree then do a part refund minus the fee you were charged?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Andr21
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  thank you - as I suspected, they will keep the fees.

I can only see one button "refund" - no mention of partial refund.   - no "offer partial refund"

What I learned is that I really need to stop offering it as a payment method or add a fee on top of accepting PayPal.  - and offer a cheaper, and more fair option.

The d|ck move by me would be to just ship out both orders and let the customer get twice the goods - instead of contacting him and asking whatever he really needed two orders..  That would be a nasty move, and completely in line with PayPal's business model.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andr21 

If you click on refund you then get the option to put in the amount you want to refund. So you can then do a partial refund if you wish to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.